Dear Charlie: How did we blow it?


The lines in the mirror,
come sharper and clearer.
 The credit card cuts both ways,
and any note would do,
just to blow tomorrows yesterdays- as if I ever knew. 

It's hard without you, you always took away the pain with ease.
No matter the problem, the right dosage of you would always appease.
How did we blow it?
If I knew moderation we could still kick it.

I yearn to be numb, I yearn to be dumb, but I have taken a vow to leave you behind.
without you the pain is intolerable, I'm losing my mind.


   
When I had you I knew trouble, but no pain.
I had nightmares but still felt sane.
My life was crumbling, but I was anesthetized.
Ignorance was bliss but my dignity was paralyzed.

Without you I am clean,
but a lifetime away from feeling serene.
Every day is a battle for happiness and peace. 
Perhaps on my grave sits my wreath,
my soul will be free. 

In the meantime I walk this hard path with heavy tears and a restless heart.
I yearn for your taste,
but stay away for my children's sake.

Every day I make the conscious choice to stay away,
to make this choice just one more day.       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The mating of soul

Twice Unwanted