Through the Eyes OF Innocence

Another high school English assignment- not sure what year though- but I must have been a real emo teenager.


Where do we go from here?
I am cold, angry & filled with fear.
Daddy is black, mommy is white,
society wont ever let our family be right.

Despite what they know, despite what they see,
My family & I together we will be.

But they bashed it down, tore it apart,
my family, my home,my broken heart.


Alone on this dark, damp, dirty floor I sit & weep.
Close to my heart, district six I must keep.
For never again shall reign.
All I have left are my tears, my thoughts and my pain.

This graveyard that was once my past, my future, my life,
is where I hoped to one day become a wife.

But they bashed it down, tore it apart,
my family, my home, my broken heart.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The mating of soul

Twice Unwanted

Dear Charlie: How did we blow it?