Dear Husband

Here is very recent one: Motherhood sure can put pressure on a marriage :

 
I hear you in the other room, playing and giggling with our son,
I feel left behind sitting here, our daughter on my chest- sounds like you’re having fun.

All day my arms are wrapped around a little person’s body and I miss your touch and your smile-
And wish when you came home at night, that you would hold me for a while.

Instead we spend the night comforting our kids, angry with each other,
What happened? We seemed to have found our groove, before making our son a big brother.



Flowers, chocolates and date nights are a thing of the past, now it’s all about the patter of those little feet.
-And these days a loving gesture is in the form of an allocated extra hour spent in sleep.

Things seem a little dark right now and I know you’re tired my dear,
But what else will it take before my cries you will hear?

Wealth and luxury are not the things that I pray for, I ask for a smile, a touch, a gentle word.
Are these requests really too absurd?

With so much to be thankful for, why do I change the cover on yet another tear soaked sheet?
How long do we continue like this, before admitting defeat?

I feel lost, lonely and like we’ve lost ourselves and each other,
Oh how a marriage changes once you become a mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The mating of soul

Twice Unwanted

Dear Charlie: How did we blow it?